Job title: Marketing Content Creator
Salary Range: 47500$ a year
Work Location: New York USA
Position Time Status: Full Time
Experience: 2 Years
Marketing Content Creator Job Description
FAN EXPO HQ is the largest pop-culture event producer in the world. Our mission is to deliver the ultimate fan experience through our growing portfolio of events, which includes MEGACON Orlando, FAN EXPO Dallas, FAN EXPO Boston, FAN EXPO Denver, FAN EXPO San Francisco, FAN EXPO Canada, Calgary Comics & Entertainment Expo, FAN EXPO Vancouver, and more.
FAN EXPO HQ is a division of Informa, the world’s leading events company, and together we create opportunities for fans to explore and celebrate all things pop culture, through operational excellence, fandom expertise, and out-of-this-world content.
Ready to embark on a new and exciting adventure? Read on.
The Marketing Content Creator will be responsible for developing and delivering a wide range of marketing responsibilities to grow and engage our audience. The Marketing Content Creator also cultivates community engagement, oversees content calendars, and creates content that generates web traffic to drive ticket sale conversions.
Marketing Content Creator Job Responsibilities
- Content strategy and creation for YouTube, TikTok, and other social media platforms, as well as media, corporate content, and advertising as needed. This also includes editing panel footage highlights for each event and posting them to our channels.
- Research social media trends and be responsible for keeping up-to-date with trending media or platform-specific trends.
- Manage the FAN EXPO Studio on-site at shows, wherever necessary. This includes setting up before the show and breaking down the studio following the show.
- Communicate and negotiate with talent and agents to build out a schedule for the studio at each show.
- Scout for local videography talent that can meet our expectations within each market to work our events and stay within budget.
- Provide guidance to videographers during shows to ensure proper coverage. This includes building their schedule and determining and prioritizing their shot list ahead of each show, making sure to capture the needs of various departments.
- Provide feedback for daily/weekend recap videos for all shows – These are to be captured and edited by external videographers hired for each show. However, the Content Creator may also be required to assist with capturing footage and editing videos during events.
- Provide general oversight of the FAN EXPO Studios YouTube channel, including managing the content calendar and scheduling content at a minimum of 45 days out, creating branded thumbnails for each video, writing descriptions, and tagging videos appropriately for maximum SEO reach and impressions/views.
- Negotiate with new and current YouTube channel owners, as well as TikTok influencers, and other digital content creators to acquire additional content, content commissions, and other related Content Creator partnerships.
- Build, manage, and organize the FXHQ video archive following each event to keep it up-to-date.
- Identify ways in which to gain more subscribers, both through content and advertising, as well as identify ways we can continually enhance our content by reviewing analytics and making strategic suggestions.
- Lead the monthly rollout of the FHQ newsletter to the U.S. & Canadian markets:
- Following each FHQ newsletter, the Content Creator will need to look at metrics to determine the types of content to use moving forward (as well as which to eliminate) and minimize unsubscribe rates through better, more engaging content.
- Continue to manage the @fanexpohq TikTok account, including content creation and distribution, community management, and interactive filter development.
- Build a portfolio of collaborators and videographers we can work with within each market and manage those relationships.
- Schedule videographers and editors for shows no later than 90 days out from the show date – Aiming to confirm schedules and fill in any gaps 6 weeks out.
- Work with the sponsorship team to identify ways in which to earn additional revenue through content and develop pitches to potential partners.
- Supports initiatives including contesting, and data collection to contribute to business database goals.
- Copywriting for digital content, ensuring tone of voice consistency and social optimization. Assist with other copywriting tasks when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Marketing Content Creator Job Qualifications
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a robust skillset of video editing capabilities—bonus points for special effects skills.
- Live and breathe social media trends, particularly on TikTok and YouTube.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about pop culture and fandoms.
- Not afraid to analyze data and make suggestions to improve content strategy.
- Be highly organized and always maintain brand expectations.
- Works well with a big team and is always willing to collaborate.
The pay range for this position is $45,000 – $50,000, depending on experience.
Home to over 1,000 talented and passionate individuals, Informa Connect is a global business that delivers world-class live events and outstanding digital content to markets across 30 countries. From Biotech and Pharma to pop culture, we connect hard and fast with businesses to create exciting on-demand experiences that expect the very best.
It’s fast-paced and freedom-focused. This means you’ll have the space to bring ideas to life and see the impact of your hard work in real time. If you’re looking to make a difference, you’ll find the support you need at Informa Connect – our community works together to deliver amazing results and will celebrate in your individual success. Move forward, move fast.